Friday, May 09, 2008

Nothing Much

May 9--the deadline for entries to Sky's the Limit. I had foolishly thought I might have an entry, but it has now officially become a UFO, maybe someday to be bound and reincarnated as an arty lap quilt. Feeling humbled, I cleared my mind by making a charity quilt for the guild, and have been trying to decide on my next project. It will be pieced and traditional. I've had enough of applique, machine embroidery, and especially of machine quilting on my less than perfect system.

In other news, the kitchen work will start next Thursday. I will be in Chicago with the twins (yay!) until Thursday afternoon, so preparation and removal of stuff from cabinets will have to be done by my husband. In addition, one of his colleagues will be staying with us until Thursday to work on a project, so he will probably get roped into that fun job. This may be awful timing, or great timing. I'm not sure. Anyway, I will do pre-pre- preparation early next week before I leave, and hope for the best.

And just so this won't be a pictureless post, here's the countertop. The real thing is a bit more yellow, I hope.

3 comments:

McIrish Annie said...

Machine quilting can be a drag if you don't have the tools to make it easier. The bigger the quilt the harder it can be!

Don't abandon that project it was coming along and looked great!

When we did over our kitchen, I did the same thing! Grabbed the kid and skeedaddled!

Rian said...

Enjoy those twins and good for you for getting out of Dodge when you are!

jenclair said...

:0 What a great idea! In my case, it would save a lot of arguments! And stress.