Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Catching Up--Again

It's been a big reunion time. First, friends of ours from our long-ago days at Cornell dropped by on their way home from visiting family, then there was a family reunion in Missouri, and then a get together of the cooperative house where I lived in college. So I haven't been home, and definitely haven't had time to post or read blogs for about two weeks. And then there's all the activity on Stitchin Fingers ring, so I'm a bit overwhelmed. But here's the beautiful postcard I received from Ruth.

It's a very effective combination of texture and techniques with a bit of three dimensional embellishment too. Thank you, Ruth. My part of the exchange will go in the mail today, I hope, and then after cleaning, laundry, and unpacking, I hope to catch up on all the on-line reading. Maybe I'll sew later in the week...

The only creative activity in this time frame has been two baby bibs,

and sending my quilt, Unintended Consequences, to the AQA show in Columbus. If anyone is going to be there, say hi to it for me.
Catch you later, everybody.

5 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

I still love that Unintended Consequences quilt - really telling these days, huh?

*karendianne. said...

Those bibs - fabulous. I love it. Where on earth did you find the fabric?

Thing 1 and 2 Love, *karendianne.

(ps: you were missed & I'm glad you're home)

allie aller said...

Good to see you back here! The bibs are cool...
When were you at Cornell? I was there as an undergrad from '74 -'77.
Loved it there in mythical Ithaca...

Val said...

I love the bibs! I would love to know how you make them.

Nellie's Needles said...

Just spent some time catching up with you along with about 500+ posts on my Google Reader. Aargh! It's easy to get behind when there are so many interesting blogs that keep getting added to my list.

Looooove the bibs. When my twin grandsons were three they went trick or treating as Things 1 & 2. Their mama was dressed as the Cat in the Hat.