Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Showers and Flowers

There's a soft spring rain coming down today; maybe it will turn the ugly grass green and bring out more spring flowers.


I made these two postcards for a local school's silent auction.  I'm hoping they'll bring in a tiny bit of cash.  Also for a good cause, two of my Interpret This! pieces, Spring Dreams and Saratoga Ovals are for sale on the Alzheimer's Art Quilt site.    (If anyone is interested in Spring Dreams, please note that I had to crop it for the Alz Quilts size limit, and check the size on their web site, not the IT! blog.)  Now that the AAQI has little quilts for sale all the time, not just during the auction at the beginning of the month, it's interesting to browse that page from time to time.  There are some beauties.

I have my joke challenge quilt completed except for the binding and embellishments.  I can't show the whole thing, but here's another peek.  The colors in this quilt make me smile.  I  particularly love this blue striped fabric in the binding.


Have a good day, everyone.  Spring is coming!

3 comments:

Suzanne Kistler said...

Pretty posy postcards! Very nice.

*karendianne. said...

Wow! Those postcards as so neat and you're so very sneaky with your Joke challenge quilt. How long until we get to be "in" on the joke?

Libby Fife said...

Those are clever little nine patches. Cute postcards too and I can't wait to see your joke quilt:)