Sunday, June 10, 2007

Home





We arrived back in Indiana yesterday morning after a very uneventful flight, the best kind. There is much laundry and cleaning to be done, but I'm patient about that. Here are some pictures of Paris, all taken on my favorite place, the Pont des Beaux Arts. There are beautiful views from all directions: to the south the dome of the Academie de France (behind my husband), to the east Ile de la Cite with the spire of Notre Dame visible in the background and the Pont Neuf to the left and of course me in the foreground, and to the west the next bridge over the Seine (I think it's the Pont Royal) with the Musee D'Orsay on the left bank. To the north is the Louvre; somehow I don't seem to have picture of the outside of the Louvre, so here's the courtyard. From the bridge you would see the other side of the tower facing you.



The Pont des Beaux Arts is a footbridge, and on warm evenings it's full of people picnicing. Most of them are young, but not all. A great people watching spot, and fun to drink a bottle of wine too. As I said, not everyone there is young.

Next time, I'll try to post some "daily life" photos.

4 comments:

allie aller said...

What a beautiful city!!!!!
Thanks so much for the pictures...glad you made it back smoothly...looking forward to more photos...
Welcome home....!

Anonymous said...

Home looked good, didn't it? Can't wait to see more pictures. (You look pretty darn cute on that bridge, BTW!)

Deb Hardman said...

I love the pictures of France. It's on my list of places I want to visit. I've only spent a few hours inside the airport there!

Hey did you realize you are the #1 most active member of the quilt studio ring? #2 is the quilt studio blog itself!

Samantha said...

Welcome home! i love any chance to see photos of Partis- thanks for sharing!