Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Men--Again!

I don't usually laugh at my husband publically, but I can't resist this story.

Yesterday morning he was eating breakfast on the deck while I was in the kitchen getting ready to leave for my Monday volunteer job.

Suddenly, "No, cat! Don't eat that cicada! The cat is eating a cicada!"

Clearly, I'm expected to step in here, but I ignored this except to say, "Don't let him in; he'll vomit it back up."

"No, cat! You can't go in! No! I can't stop him from coming in! He's in. I couldn't stop him."

I left at this point. Picture a 250-pound man unable to keep a pathetically scrawny, geriatric cat from coming through the door. Clearly this cat has powers no one suspected. Sort of a metaphor for asymetric warfare, isn't it?

4 comments:

Allison Ann Aller said...

Men are strange beasts...we absolutely adore them, but are glad we don't have to BE them!

Deb H said...

LOL! Cute story. My DH is much the same with my cat. Broc has all the power.

Granny Fran said...

Cat herding is my hardest job, so I empathize with hubby.

diva of quilts said...

Cats do have some amazing powers, I agree.