Finished some things! The witch is about 9 inches square. (Yes, Bob, this time it is a hot pad!) I actually had done the strip piecing around this image several years ago, but decided not to finish it, so all I had to do was trim, quilt minimally, and bind. This is an old Alexander Henry fabric that I absolutely love. I have used every scrap of it now, and am so sad. The witches are wonderful; there's one pushing a baby carriage with a pumpkin in it, handbag over her arm, and raven perched on the front of the carriage. That's my favorite, I think.
This is just one of several postcards of various styles I made. This is another Alexander Henry fabric, and I've exhausted the good images from it also, but the whole fabric was beautiful, with pumpkins on an indigo and black background. Alexander Henry is a wonderful line of fabric. The designs are a bit edgy, not usually cutesy or saccharine sweet like some novelty fabrics are. The color are unexpected too, like the red on the witch fabric and the deep blue on the pumpkin one. These fabrics are hard to find around here, unfortunately. I guess they're not everyone's cup of tea.
Usually I couch yarn around postcards using the method Nellie wrote about in this wonderful tutorial. But yesterday I decided to use the couching/cording foot on the Janome. It worked beautifully. There are three slots for cords on the foot, and I put the cord in the right hand one, lining the edge of the card up with the center one. The zig-zag pulled the cord up against the card very neatly.