Friday, March 19, 2010

Terrific New Foot






 Janome just announced this new foot a few months ago, and I ordered one as soon as I saw the information.  I've had it now for several weeks, and I absolutely love it.  The clear plastic allows a wonderful view for accurate 1/4" or 1/8" seams.  It rides over seams fairly well also.   If you want, you can attach the 1/4" guide.  I don't want.  I hated that guide on the older quarter inch foot and the fact that it is removable was the main attraction for this foot.  The other guide is for stitch in the ditch.  This would probably be helpful, but I haven't tried it since I don't stitch in the ditch except for quilting.  I can think of uses for it in garment sewing however.

So if you have a Janome that this foot will fit (horizontal rotary hook models), I'd really recommend it.  It cost about $17, as I remember.

3 comments:

Rian said...

Looks great!! I gotta get me wonno those! I have the metal foot with guide, and I DO love the guide. Different strokes, huh.

Mai-Britt Axelsen said...

Yes, I have a clear foot too for my Pfaff machine, makes life so much easier.....;O)

And do you realise that those pictures are my colour scheme for the journal quilts - black and white, with a hint of red. I see it all the time now!

jenclair said...

Great idea! I want one!