Monday, June 07, 2010

Challenges

The June Interpret This! photo:


I have two ideas.  One is very twenty-first century both in theme and technique, and the other is more retro.  Which I choose may depend on the amount of time required for each, because...

I am doing the Hoffman challenge.  I put the top together in record time for me and am very pleased with it.  All I'll say is that it includes some colors and fabrics that I posted about recently.

 I started the quilting today with a bit of trepidation.  That's always a chance to mess up.  I'm doing a grid quilting pattern from Charlotte Warr Anderson's book One Line at a Time, one of the simpler ones.  But even so, I think this kind of quilting can be as time consuming as free motion quilting.  I'm just hoping it works out.  I even did a 12 inch sample block first, cleaned the machine, and all the things you're supposed to do before a quilting project.  Fingers crossed.

6 comments:

jenclair said...

Can't wait to see what you decide for Interpret This! And for the Hoffman challenge...more hints please.

Rian said...

Fingers crossed. I am sure you will wow 'em with your Hoffman. I can't wait to see it.

*karendianne. said...

Okay I'm excited now that you're pleased. Since you're doing this grid pattern which is new to me - I'm crossing my fingers and gearing up for a fun unveiling.

As for the June Interpret This! photo, it's lovely. You know, this whole thing has be a darn lot of fun to watch. I was kinda slacking the past month or so but hope to pick it up around here!

How is your Mom by the way?

Liz in Kansas said...

So glad you decided to take another go at the Hoffman challenge. You 'see' things in the fabric that are amazing. Fingers are crossed for a great quilting experience!

Beverly said...

I'm sure you'll do fine with the quilting- Charlotte has a lot of good ideas which I have used on more than one quilt, including her marking methods. Look in the galleries in the book, I have a quilt there :)

Can't wait to see what you do for the challenge. I have to get mine done this weekend, so I'm thinking small.

Kathleen said...

Can't wait to see the Hoffman challenge!