Friday, April 15, 2011

Back from Darkness

We've had no internet service here for 12 l-o-n-g days.  Our internet provider (a local broadband company) stopped working, there was no way to contact them, and we were stranded.  After several days of denial, we decided they had gone out of business, and over my husband's groaning, bit the bullet and contacted AT&T for the bundle of internet, cable, and phone.  A week later, we've got it!

Total excitement!  Not only is it wonderful not to read and answer emails on the tiny phone screen, but this is the first time we've ever had cable TV.  And of course there's the new wonder of DVR!  (I've already set it up to record Glee and Dancing with the Stars forever.) And maybe we'll have faster internet for better streaming videos.  And caller ID!  And the I-pad I got for my birthday is not just sitting in its box.  I could go on, but you get the idea.

Ironically, as the AT&T installer arrived, the old internet came back.  But I've written them a letter...  So much for shopping locally; we tried.

6 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

In your DVR search for quilt. (I record Fons & Porter & Georgia Bonesteel - You might be able to get others... If that is your cuppa.)

*karendianne. said...

Thank goodness. I wont even begin to mention where my thoughts were wondering off to! It's not very good to be off line for so long. I can't get right with that.

*karendianne. said...

PS: I made some "bad art" and posted it. Very hard to share but I did it anyway.

Rian said...

O my goodness, that IS dark! But I bet you got a lot more accomplished w/o internet or cable TV.

Libby Fife said...

So that is what happened? I thought you were off on some exaotic vacation:):)

We had no choice but to go with a local company; our area is that rural. It stinks too because just another 1000 feet or so and we could have the AT&T bundle that you talk about. Sigh. Glad you are back up and running:)

Libby Fife said...

exotic!