Sunday, April 24, 2011

Traveling

This is where I'll be tomorrow.


I have only a limited time because I'm combining a trip to the show with a family visit and have to be back by the middle of next week.  My plan is to spend Tuesday visiting the Quilt Museum, Hancocks of Paducah, and some of the art galleries and shops in downtown Paducah.  Tuesday evening, as a contestant, I can attend the awards ceremony free of charge, and see the stars win their prizes.  (I wonder if there's a Red Carpet...) Then I can go to the preview evening for two hours, and spend part of Wednesday back at the show.  That will have to do it, but it should be enough for a good look at the quilts.  I find I can only take a short time with the vendors before sensory overload sets in, and I'm not in shopping mode anyway.
Should be fun!  Photos next week.  

6 comments:

Debra Dixon said...

I wonder what will give out first--your eyes or your feet? Have a great time. I hope you come home truly inspired!

*karendianne. said...

I'm so excited you're going, Kay. Have a wonderful time!!!

jenclair said...

I'm a wee bit jealous, but not in a bad way! Have a great trip!

McIrish Annie said...

Have a wonderful trip. looking foward to the pictures!

Barbara C said...

It sounds like a great trip, have a wonderful time.

Rian said...

I can't wait to see the pictures. I hope the weather (and water) didn't hamper your trip.