I finished the blocks for the Athena's Puzzle quilt (in fact with my usual inability to count, I made three extra), and have laid them out on the floor. It's difficult to deal with something so big; not only is the design wall too small, but so is most of my empty floor space. I made a few adjustments in the arrangement of blocks after the picture, but that's as good as it's gonna get.
I intended the gold blocks as an accent, and wasn't sure that was a good idea when I began the layout. Now I like them. The other problem is the blocks that are so much lighter. In a perfect world I wouldn't have made those, but the goal here was to use fabric on hand, so they're there, for better or worse. It feels good to have this progress made; I hope to start sewing blocks together this afternoon.
I tried to take a classic Cat Helper shot, but Florabelle is too ladylike to do anything so crude as walk on the quilt blocks. She just watched from a polite distance.