Wednesday, December 27, 2006

WIP Wednesday



Today is the day to really do some post-Christmas clean-up: put away the still scattered gifts, vacuum, pack up the wrapping paper and ribbon, and catch up on the laundry, which doesn't take a holiday. Still no need to cook--hooray! In spare minutes over the last week and a half I have continued to think about the Hoffman Challenge and have a design plan and some fabric choices. These are the fabrics I am currently considering. I will weed out some of the duplicates because I'm not going for scrappy and may substitute others with more pattern if I can find pieces in the right color and value. There are too many solid looking tone on tones here. The design I've planned is very traditional with pretty complicated piecing. It looks good on paper, but I can't get psyched so I may do other things first. There's plenty of time, for sure, but I always start this project in January, and it's worked before. (Looking at this post, I'm even more convinced that these fabrics need more pattern--pretty dull, at this point.)

The newest issue of Quiltmaker has this year's Project Linus project. Very cute--check it out. I think I'll make a couple of rows or even a whole top. I did this last year with the ice cream cone pattern and enjoyed it.

8 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

1. Oh heck it is Wednesday again... (I need to set a reminder on Tuesday that Wednesday is the next day!)

2. Nice selection of fabrics - I did not even notice the challenge fabric, in my book that is a good thing. I have decided to pass - I have too many UFO's already....

3. I too like that PL pattern in quiltmaker - it can easily be masculine without a whole lot of effort!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're still considering that small harlequin batik. I love it by itself anyway, but I also liked it in an earlier post when you had paired it with the challenge fabric. Looks like you're on the right track. (Watch this space, huh?)

Debra Dixon said...

I did some "research" for my HC idea and now am more motivated too!

Deb Geyer said...

The Hoffman Challenge looks like a real challenge!! You are making progress.

Rian said...

These fabrics are looking good. It's really a challenge this year!

Jules said...

I really like that combination of fabrics. I took one look at the Hoffman piece and decided it was not for me.

Jen said...

It will be fun to see your challenge project evolve. I like to see how other quilters think things through.
Thanks for the pumpkin cranberry bread recipe, I'm going to make that as soon as I can. Jen

laura west kong said...

I like your color combinations! Congratulations on getting such an early start.
laura