Sunday, December 31, 2006

Final Post of 2006


Here's my final project of the year, the Project Linus top. It's a cute design, but this isn't my best work. I hate paper piecing and tried to strip piece the center strips, but had trouble placing them correctly because the paper was too thick. A novelty stripe worked better in a couple of blocks. As a result, there are some pretty crooked center stripes. But it's cheerful and serviceable. I hope other people will try it.

Happy New Year to everyone--I hope it's long on whatever makes you happy, and short on the other stuff!

8 comments:

Patti said...

You are too hard on yourself - it looks just fine! I like the wonky stripes - I think they really give the piece character. Some child will love this.

Happy New Year to you!

Debra Dixon said...

Cute top!

How did your elderly friend like the quilt you made for her?

allie aller said...

It's a wonderful quilt for a terrific cause...bravo!

Lori (A.K.A. Elkhoundmom) said...

Great job getting a final quilt in for the year! I love the way it looks. It is a really fun quilt.

Susan said...

The person the quilt will go to will love it because it's bright and colorful and children love things like this.

Anonymous said...

"I hope it's long on whatever makes you happy, and short on the other stuff!"

Thanks, Kay. Same to ya.

Jen said...

It's a cute little pattern and just think of the many "cuddle" hours it will give. Good on you. Jen

The Calico Cat said...

That sure was quick! (And cute) I prefer the novelty strip... But those balls are usually less than perfect anyway!