Monday, August 18, 2008

Good News


"It's a Ming Thing" 36" x 36"
Trunk E
Hoffman Challenge 2008

I'm very pleased about this. And I'm also pleased that the quilts of my on-line friends Debra Spincic and Laura Krasinski were chosen for the traveling collection, and that Liz from Kansas was a prize winner for her wonderful doll.

And--the green spots on the granite are gone, thanks to another application of stain-removing poultice! The poultice is actually lye, according to the family chemists, and the stone shop manager thought the green was copper that somehow came out in the stone after sealer was applied.

10 comments:

Kim said...

Congrats on 'It's a Ming Thing' - love that name!

Debra Dixon said...

Congratulations! Way to go!

jenclair said...

Congratulations, Kay!

Anonymous said...

well done, congratulations. Its a beautiful piece.

McIrish Annie said...

All that hard work paid off! Congrats it's great!!

allie aller said...

Congratulations, Kay!!!
I really loved this quilt so am glad to see it got the recognition it deserves.

The Calico Cat said...

A. Congrats!
B. Where is you quilt travelling to? (I have no idea about those trunks)
C. Lye - I can not for the love of money find any to purchase... (It is supposed to be a good drain cleaner.)
D. Glad the lye worked.
E. Copper - makes sense... (Kinda)

*karendianne. said...

Oh Kay, I'm so happy for you. Especially because I remember when you were working on this...there were DAYS! ;) You really have to be beaming.

I loved watching you create this piece. It was interesting and seemed so difficult (to me) that I was amazed at the same time.

Ming Dynasty Love, *karendianne.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, KAY!! This was an awesome piece and I'm glad it got the notice it deserved. Well done!

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Congratulations Kay. It is a beautiful piece.