Friday, October 03, 2008

A Week without Sewing

Instead of sewing, I've been to a family wedding, driving 1,000 miles; I've cleaned the house; I've been watching the news, reading political and economic blogs instead of quilting ones; and yesterday, because it's fall, I made Barbara's delicious lentil soup AND a pumpkin pie. And tomorrow we're meeting some old friends in Chicago for a brief get together.

Today I hope to pull some fabrics and decide on my next project. As I drove through Illinois and Missouri last week, I was struck by the beauty of the soybean fields, a mix of dull golds, bright yellows, and dozens of shades of green. A beautiful color plan, I think. I was originally going to use some blue fabric I bought several years ago, but I may change my mind. Whatever I do, it will probably be a traditional pieced quilt. I'm not feeling very arty at the moment.

5 comments:

allie aller said...

Just letting it flow like this is going to yield you a very beautiful quilt...

*karendianne. said...

Well I can't say enough for "traditionally" pieced! I'm looking forward to what you bring to life. How exciting.

Welcome back. I wanted to add that 'cause you were missed!

*karendianne.

Barbara C said...

I'm glad you liked the soup recipe. We're having good soup weather here today.

I'm very attracted to yellow and gold these days too. I look forward to seeing what comes off your needles.

Debra Dixon said...

If you can't decide what to do, I can send you one of my projects. I seem to have more than a few lately . . . way more.

Anonymous said...

I think perhaps fall brings out the "traditional quiltmaker" in all of us. I have been feeling that pull as well.