I met the goal of finishing the zig zag borders. Now they must be trimmed from the last post to this.
Scary, because it's easy for the ruler to slip, and also the edges are now all bias. Then comes the really tense part of doing the math for the coping strip, sewing the borders on, hoping they fit,
As an exercise in avoidance, I sewed borders on this little block I found in my orphan blocks box, planning to send it to the Alzheimer's Quilt Initiative.
I paper pieced those narrow strip borders so that they'd be perfectly straight, and that worked out beautifully. That's a technique that would work on any small quilt. What a pain paper piecing is though! I don't get the fascination with it.
Also in the orphan box was an oak leaf shape left from another project, so I made this, also for Alz Quilts.
Now to bite the bullet and trim the other three borders!