Monday, April 27, 2009

Completed Red Stars and a Postcard

When I arrived at my sister's last week I found my red star quilt waiting for me with all the quilting completed. I'm so happy with this! Click on the pictures and you can see a close-up of the beautiful quilting that Deb Geyer did. The center of the stars can't have been easy. I still have to sew on binding, but since I won't do that for a while, this is this quilt's
final appearance.



When I came home last night, I found this beautiful postcard from Joy Vale, sent all the way from Australia as part of an exchange on Stitchin Fingers. It's hand painted fabric with a lovely suede-like texture, and some applique. Thank you, Joy! This was a delightful piece of mail. In fact, this was a good week for me and the post office!

15 comments:

Libby Fife said...

Lucky gal! The red star quilt is even better now, if that is possible. Good for you-I know you will just love having it.

dee said...

Oh I just knew she would make it shine even more. It's so beautiful Kay.

Candace said...

You must be very proud of your quilt, Kaye - it is trult stunning!
Cheers!

*karendianne. said...

Welcome home. You were missed! Your star quilt quilting is unrivalled but then, you probably knew that! It's breathtaking. I love your postcards, too. I'll bet they feel neat (both the quilt and the postcard).

Glad you redefined "going postal" with style. You've got it, too!!!

allie aller said...

What a terrific quilt this turned out to be!
I love how it totally embraces traditional quilting at such a high level. Seriously!

Nellie's Needles said...

What a stunning quilt ... wonderful fabric choices, pattern, piecing, and then the quilting. Wow!

Debra Dixon said...

Deb's quilting really complements an already super quilt. Ya both done good!

Vicki W said...

I loved that quilt from the very first star. it turned out fantastic!

The Calico Cat said...

Look how that quilt fits your bed perfectly!

antique quilter said...

the quilt is just beautiful
Love the quilting.
Kathie

Liz in Kansas said...

The quilt is beyond gorgeous! You and Deb make a great team, huh?

Barbara C said...

Your quilt came out beautifully and it looks perfect on the bed. Enjoy your lovely work (and Deb's too).

tirane93 said...

that is such a friendly (and well named) quilt!. wonderfully pieced and quilted.

Ramona-quilter said...

Beautiful work, Kay. I like that ribbon border,

Lynn Douglass said...

OMG, I love this quilt! Red, red, and more red!