Friday, April 24, 2009

Update

This is just a quick post to prove I haven't disappeared. I'm at my sister's, enjoying the visit, but very busy. I've dusted, vacuumed, cleaned kitchen drawers, weeded, all trying to bring some order to my mother's house which has been empty over the winter. It's rather a hopeless task, and knowing that I need to go home and do much of the same work at my house is depressing. It's beautiful here though, with spring flowers in full bloom.

I did go to the International Quilt Festival last week end, but don't have many pictures. Here's one-- Springtime in Japan by Akiko Kawata. It has a beautiful impressionistic quality, and the heavy quilting adds great texture.

The festival was excellent this year, and I'm not alone in thinking this apparently, since I've read unanimously favorable reports. I liked the special exhibits Town and Country, Tactile Architecture, the fabric artists' retrospective, and Hands All Around, the international exhibit which is always my favorite. The Hoffman Challenge quilts were missing, and disappointed, I tried to find out why. After asking four people, I finally found the person in charge of special exhibits, who reported that they just forgot to book it in time!

I'll be here two more days, and then I'm driving home. It will be good to be back to the regular routine.

7 comments:

Vicki W said...

Don't work to hard!

Debra Dixon said...

They forgot to book them? Give me a break!

allie aller said...

Glad the show was worth your time!

Moonlit Goddess said...

I can't believe they forgot to book it! Know what you mean about the cleaning thing though. I'm planning to get a start on my 'spring' cleaning tomorrow. Gonna open all the windows and let the air in. Wonder if the breeze will be strong enough to just blow all the dust out the opposite window??

Liz in Kansas said...

So it was worth going to the show this year? Too bad about the Hoffman exhibit. I'm starting to wonder how much longer the challenge will go on. None of the LQSs are even getting this year's fabric! Hope it's not like that everywhere else!

Libby Fife said...

Know what you mean about cleaning the house. They get stale when not lived in. Hope you get home safely.

Candace said...

I'm so glad you were able to get some time away to visit the show, Kaye. I'm sure all your hard work is greatly appreciated....just too bad you have to go home to more!
Cheers!