Thursday, April 16, 2009

Traveling

Tomorrow I'm driving to Chicago to see my son, daughter-in-law, and of course the twins. My original plan was drive over to the Chicago Quilt Festival on Saturday and leave from there to drive part way to my sister's in Missouri. I find I'm not as excited about the show as I have been in the past. The crowds and the general hassle of getting there seemed more trouble than the show was worth last year. But I'll give it one more try. Perhaps I can find some interesting thread or fibers for my Hoffman Challenge quilt. I'll try to post a photo or two although that is becoming more frowned upon. In other quilt news, Deb Geyer has finished quilting my red star quilt and has sent it to my sister's so I can pick it up there and show it off to the family. I'm excited about that, and will definitely post a picture.

6 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Have a great trip. Looking forward to photos of the family, if not any quilts that catch your fancy.

And of course, really looking forward to seeing the red star quilt. That's exciting!!!

Debra Dixon said...

I was just wondering if Deb was done with your quilt. I bet it's a beauty!

Joyce said...

I have always wanted to go to a really big quilt show but I guess not this year. Chicago is not extremely far away but we are very busy right now. I hope you enjoy it in spite of the crowds.

Barbara C said...

Belated Happy Birthday! Enjoy your trip. The shopping should be fun, but hopefully the show will also be worthwhile.

dee said...

Safe trvels Kay. Can't wait to see what Deb did with your beautiful stars.

McIrish Annie said...

Happy belated birthday and have a wonderful trip! those twins are real cuties.