Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Changing Scene

Good-bye old friend,



and welcome new.



My faithful ping-pong table which I've used as a cutting table for about ten years has finally gone, to be replaced by a new table from Tracey's Tables. The ping-pong table had a huge amount of work space, room to store things under it, and space on top to pile materials and odds and ends. But it was so big that it made access to some of my storage difficult, so I decided it had to go. I've put it on the Free Stuff section of Craig's List, and hope that someone will carry it away and use it as I have. Its days for ping-pong are gone, alas. The new owner can have the cinder blocks too.

The new table is a perfect height, and although smaller, seems to be adequate for most things. The problem is where to put the things previously under and on top of the ping-pong table. I'm working on that...

9 comments:

*karendianne. said...

Okay now this, this ROCKS!

Libby Fife said...

Funny how you get used to something and miss it when it is gone:) The new table looks great though so enjoy!

Candace said...

Nice table, Kay. It's nice that the ping-pong table was versatile, but nicer that you have more room to move around!
Cheers!

Deb Geyer said...

LOL! I love it! Enjoy your new table!

His Office, My Studio said...

I have had a cutting table like that for over 15 years and I love it. You will love it!

Barbara C said...

Ooo, nice table. I'm sure it's going to grow on you very quickly. It's amazing what gets pressed into service as sewing furniture. I've got my machine set up on an old youth desk, but someday...

allie aller said...

Quite the improvement!
And you definitely want to get those cinder blocks out of there. I know I would trip over them so fast....but maybe you are not the klutz that I am...;-)

Anonymous said...

That's a great table, and your back will thank you for the height. That ping-pong table could still come in handy for a lot of quilting activities though...

Debra Dixon said...

I could never have parted with the ping pong table--never. All that space--I am quite the piler of things and it would have been more than I could have unpiled in a lifetime!