Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Happenings, continued

I finished my Interpret This! piece, thank heavens.  Reveals start next week, October 26.

My problems with Blogger and photos continue.  (I bragged too soon.)  I can upload in the old editor on Safari, and when I change to Firefox, I can use the new editor, but it doesn't work the same as it did.  Other people must be having these problems too, but they still seem unresolved.

This weekend I'm going on a guild retreat.  The main building at the place we have gone for years burned last spring, a terrible thing for the camp and everyone who loves the place.  They are still open in the smaller, older buildings, so we will be cramped this year. Still, I'm looking forward to the chance to do nothing but brainless sewing for a couple of days.
In preparation, I've cut more pieces for this:


The more fabrics I add, the better it looks, I think; in the end, it will be mostly the blue/green, with the reds second and only enough gold for accent.

I'm also planning some pillowcases for Christmas gifts, layering a charity quilt to finish, and making snacks to share.  Remember:  MUST STAY AWAY FROM THE SNACK TABLE!  I like being a size smaller than I was last year.
And finally, a quick brag:





At guild last week, I received a ribbon for Carolina Baskets, displayed in our library show last August. (It's a viewers' choice award.)  Thank you, everybody, and thank you Deb Geyer, for the quilting.









9 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

Congrats!

Nellie's Needles said...

Woo Hoo! for the retreat and your award ribbon!

*karendianne. said...

Oh a ribbon for the baskets that were a journey. I love that quilt, Kay. I see it in the older quilts on Quilt Index, too. I didn't realize (at the time you were making that quilt) that it was such a traditional pattern.

I'm really happy to read you're finished with the I.T. piece. Looking forward to that and really love those blocks you have up. Such pretty fabrics. Yummy! Are they nice to work with meaning cut and sew? Kay... this is a great time in the grand scheme of things to head out for retreat. I'm thinkin'...

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

This new quilt has just luscious colors in it. Gorgeous.
Have lots of fun on retreat.

Debra Dixon said...

I think your traditional quilts are real crowd pleasers!

Libby Fife said...

That quilt is shaping up nicely!

Have a good time at the retreat; don't let the snacks get you and congrats on the ribbon. You deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your ribbon. I too have been having Blogger and comments problems. And IT! problems...sigh.

Suzanne Kistler said...

Congratulations!!!

Barbara C said...

Congratulations on your well-deserved ribbon. I hope you had a great retreat.