Here's my second quilt created from blocks just lying around. I started with the five pieced blocks, three of the small maple leaf blocks, and some of the brown and ivory strips I put in the sashes. I pieced the nine patches and more strips.
It would have been much easier to make a solid blue border, but since I didn't have a large enough piece of blue, the piano key border was the solution. This is unquilted, making two of these projects to quilt. I will do the quilting, reluctantly, but I think my next new project will be to see what I can do with some hand applique sunflower blocks I inherited from my mother-in-law. Stay tuned.
Meantime, I'm packing up my elephant joke quilt to send to the Lancaster AQS show. If anyone is going to that show, I hope you'll stop by and say hello to it. I wish I could go, but it won't happen.