Saturday, March 04, 2006

IHQS News

I came back from Bloomington last night after a very enjoyable time with my sister and brother-in-law and a day and a half at the show, one day in class, and another to look at quilts, and of course do a bit of shopping.

Here's the best of show quilt, made by Sandra Leichner, Albany Oregon. The picture doesn't do it justice, of course, particularly not for this quilt because it's such a beautiful, soft and rich palette. It's not the style I usually like, but I love the richness of the colors and the non-traditional touches, like the pieced background in the center medallion and the fabric paint accenting the trapunto. The workmanship is phenominal, naturally.






1 comment:

Deb Hardman said...

You're right Kay. I had the previledge og touching this quilt. I got to take it down & pack it for return shipping after it was shown at APNQ. The embroidery work on it was amazing.