Actually, I've been working obsessively on this thing:
It's not where I want it yet, but it's come a long way, and I'm not ashamed to show it. I still want to add more detail to the background and work on the circular shapes so that they're less blocky. This is actually lots of fun. I made A LOT of blocks and then began to move them around to approximate the design I had in mind. It's interesting to see how a block that seemed like it would never work can turn out to be just the right thing for another area--sort of like working a jigsaw. But I still had to make some blocks specifically for a particular place. You can click on it to see better.
I did take a break long enough to choose fabrics for Take It Further Challenge:
The light fabric is more peach and less pink than it looks in the picture. I didn't try to keep the same mid value slightly grayed tones because I don't particularly like them. Browsing around to see what other people are doing made me think better of them however. But these fabrics should work for me.