Friday, July 31, 2009

Thank you everyone, for the kind comments about my elephant. As I said, I'm fond of him, and of the handsome guys riding!

I've also finished and sent off these four little pieces to Alz quilts. Binding that many things in a row should be good practice for improving the binding, wouldn't you think? I'm not sure, but I did learn that the quarter-inch Evenfeed foot on the Janome has a little quarter-inch bar in the front so you can stop precisely a quarter inch from the corner. Wouldn't you think I'd have figured that out sooner? Duh!



I'm now working on a guild charity quilt. Aren't the colors and images on this Paddington fabric adorable? My goal on this quilt is to improve my free motion stitching, and so far, so good. I've been able to keep the curves fairly smooth, and the way the Janome runs with the start/stop button should help with the evenness of the stitching, if I can just BE PATIENT, and move at a steady speed. This is not easy for me.


Not too bad. I hope to finish today, and then more binding!

3 comments:

Libby Fife said...

I just love Paddington Bear! Your ALZ quilts turned out great too. Good for you with the free motion stitching. Doodling around always improves the skills. Patience???

Debra Dixon said...

Service quilts are the best practice pieces. I'll be back to working on that stack I have here once the weather cools down.

Candace said...

Look like I need to put my bidding cap on again, Kay! Love the butterfly! Paddington is wonderful - your free motion is excellent!
Cheers!