Thursday, April 22, 2010

A Change of Pace

I finished my Interpret This! piece for April  and have taken the chance to take a break and do some other types of sewing.

Our guild is making and sending dresses to Africa with a member who will be going there in a few weeks.  We're using information from Little Dresses for Africa, a project you can read about on their web page.   One way to make the dresses is from gently used pillowcases, and I made one that way.  But since I've got stash fabric that is suitable, why not use it?    These are easy to make, and quick.  I made the pillowcase one in less than half an hour last night, and the from scratch one in a bit more today.


My other project was to make pillowcases for the twins.  I had the brainstorm of piecing their names into the band.  When you have young geniuses who can find "A for Aidan" and "C for Conor" on cereal boxes, you should celebrate, right?  I wish I'd paid a bit more attention to fabric choices, but these were fun.

3 comments:

jenclair said...

The dresses are adorable and for a great cause--good for you, Kay!

Love the pillowcases for the twins!

Liz in Kansas said...

The pillowcases are darling! And the color choice is just right - for boys anyway. My guild is doing pillowcases for charity this year. I may have to take inspiration from yours.

Finishing Lines by K.Sperino said...

Charming, Kay.