Tuesday, January 24, 2006

No longer UFO



Got a quilt back from the long arm quilter that was supposed to be done before Christmas (my fault, not hers). I started this about two years ago with the idea that I was trying to capture the effect of pink, burgundy petunias in masses of leaves like the planters on my deck. I soon realized that this was not going to work, put it aside, came back, still didn't like it, but decided to finish it as a bed size quilt that would at least be useful. This meant that I ran out of good greens and put in anything I had to make up the size. It was what they call a stash buster, which is good. So here it is, along with the original inspiration. It's just one of those things that didn't quite work out as an artistic attempt, but should be functional.

No comments: