Tuesday, October 24, 2006


Just an update on some past posts. Here is the stitching on last week's "venting frustration" piece. Thanks to everyone for their kind comments about this. I liked it myself, but it's good to hear other people did too. I agree with the idea of a repeated block and may do that sometime in the future. But for now I'm just going to finish this small thing and use it for a little wall piece. The stitching is bobbin work using Ricky Tims' Razzle Dazzle thread--great stuff. I find that glitter thread doesn't show up well in photos though, at least not on my camera. The thread and stitching just looks uneven and patchy. In planning exactly where to put the lines of stitching I put the photo into Adobe Illustrator and drew the lines on a new layer to be sure of the best place to get that repeated angle I wanted. This worked really well, except I don't know how to make the lines straight, so they were wobbly! Technosavvy, I'm not, but I'm sure some people could carry this ideas further. I'm not sure what to do next on this piece. I think I'll just do enough quilting to outline the slashed part and make the bobbin work stand out, bind it, and call it quits.



I also finished the Christmas quilt I made for my sister. This is from Alex Anderson's book Fabric Shopping. It's a simple, but very attractive design I think, using both seasonal and other fabrics.

And finally, I sent off the baby quilt I complained about, and got a fast, very charming thank you note. So I eat my words.

3 comments:

Hedgehog said...

I love this Christmas quilt!

laura west kong said...

Thanks for sharing your progress on the little quilt. It's coming along great. I like the Razzle Dazzle thread too.

The Christmas quilt is wonderful. I love the border you added.

Anonymous said...

Very, very festive and beautiful!