Tuesday, October 31, 2006
I actually have some work in progress today. First, FINALLY the borders are on this Australian circle wall hanging. I had put this off, thinking it was going to be so hard to audition the various fabrics for the border, but it turned out to be easier than I thought. I stitched the diagonal seams and mitered borders together with little problem too. A relief. When I took the picture I was debating whrether to keep the border six inches wide or cut it to 4 1/2 as it is on the top and right side. I have since cut it, and I think that was the right decision. My other project is putting together these nine patch blocks which came from a retreat block swap a year ago. I'm going to use a strippy set with black and some sort of bright on block sashing between the strips. I don't know about the border, but I won't buy fabric, that's for sure.
I'm posting early because Blogger seems to be cooperating--