Friday, January 12, 2007

Fast Friday Collage


I thought I'd like to try this challenge this year as a way to force myself to pump out ideas and try new things. Last week I was away and I'll be gone next week too, but here's at least one for the first month.

The theme Kim chose for January is Daily Life, so I've shown my favorite part of the day--morning. I truly love morning: everything seems possible, there are new things to do, the light gradually brightens. I especially love the wonderful coffee my husband makes, so here it is, along with lots of cheery morning cliches. This was fast, except for the fact that I had to soak the fabric with Bubble Jet Set and then mess around with Word Art and various fonts to get the look I wanted. I have a lot to learn there. I also used my painted fabrics, so I feel real arty!

15 comments:

Kim said...

It's great Kay! We're not alone - I've seen quite a few coffee (or tea) cups. Looks like you had fun. Feeling arty - it's a good thing, huh?

allie aller said...

Love the orange cup on the blue background!
You are off to a great start here...

Anonymous said...

the coffee/tea cup theme is a great one - we're all on the same page! :) yours is very neat. I like the background - very "dawn" like.

jenclair said...

Love it! The image and the text are great, Kay!

Debra Dixon said...

These little challenges are great for making us learn new techniques--everyone has a list a mile long of "I want to" and now there are some good chances to do just that.

QuiltingFitzy said...

I thought about joining the 12x12x4 for the very reason...testing the waters, pushing my boundaries. (I didn't, I know better about my issues with deadlines, lol).

Deb Geyer said...

Love it Kay! Looks like you had fun with it.

Anonymous said...

I'm lovin' this! Very cool!

Nellie's Needles said...

FUN! My husband is also the coffee brewer in our house.

Granny Fran said...

Your painted fabric looks great! I love your messages to go with the coffee cup. My hubby makes the coffee here because I'm a tea drinker. Love the smell of coffee but it just doesn't do it for me.

Sue said...

challenges are always so much fun. They always excite me and helps us to think outside the square, whilst encouraging us to try new techniques

Rian said...

You ARE real arty...totally!

laura west kong said...

That DID turn out great! I love it.
laura (who hasn't even done one stitch on her coffee cup)

Jo Raines said...

Kay, I absolutely love this! My husband makes coffee every morning and brings me a cup in bed while we watch the morning news. Wish I could be so enthusiastic about mornings (!) and should be but this inspires me to do a piece dedicated to him!

LuĂ­sa Silva said...

Very interesting the printed fabric. I like this quilt very much