Monday, February 20, 2006
Japanese Puzzle, continued
I finished sewing the blocks and pieces of the puzzle piece together. It is small, 20 by 33 inches, which is about what I was aiming for. This was interesting, and once I got into how the block worked I found it rather fun. Sewing the pieces together was not as hard as I expected, probably because I was so careful to keep track of each block as I took it down from the wall. The bias edges are tricky, and I have a bit of stretching, but I think this will "quilt out".
Next step is finishing it. My idea is to applique this to a background piece that has different colors carrying out the lines of the piece--the lavendar will broaden out into a v-shaped piece and the lower part on both sides will be green. Perhaps the top "border" should be wider than the bottom also. We'll see. I think my next creation will be something where I don't have to figure it out as I go!