Tuesday, February 21, 2006

A Real UFO!



Today I was cleaning out the guestroom closet, doing the flylady twenty-seven fling thing when I dug out a quilt that I was hand quilting at least twenty years ago. I have only looked at it a few times since, and had no memory of what it looked like. I don't know where the blocks came from. I think my mother must have given them to me from her bottomless pit of UFO's. They are hand pieced, some well, and some very badly, and made of all sorts of scraps, some old, some 70's. It's actually quite pretty I think, although not pieced well enough to be worth anyone's time to hand quilt, especially not mine, since that makes my carpal tunnel flare up. I was never a good hand quilter anyway, as the picture shows! Anyway, the best thing to do, I think, would be to take out the fairly small amount of quilting, relayer it with a cotton batting, and try my hand at machine quilting. I know some people would consider that a shame, but considering the overall quality of the piece, it seems like the best way to go.

No comments: