Sunday, February 26, 2006


Thanks for the welcome and encouraging words from other Quilters' Lounge members. I'm delighted to be one of this group.

I did the applique work for the "purple thing" and here it is, basting and stabilizer still in place. I am struck by how strange this piece is--the irregular diamonds create unexpected angles, which might make someone wonder "Did she make a mistake?" Who knows, maybe she did! I don't know what to do next, so will let it cool, at least till I get back from the show in Bloomington this week.

Yes, I did use the Hoffman Challenge fabric in this. I earlier did a bright pink one, and it struck me that the dark purple end of the colors in that fabric might be interesting. So now I have two, or will if/when they're finished. Don't count your chickens...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is visually interesting, and certainly looks like it had been challenging. I hope you finish them ...