Saturday, February 04, 2006

My week of heavy quilting opportunity is over. I did finish the top of the parrots piece, and am getting ready to hand quilt! This is something I don't often do. I'm not terribly good, but adequate I think, and since I want to do a circular motif, hand quilting is the best way. I'll post the finished top soon.
I did not finish the other projects. Got very close on the scrap border but stopped because I really need to cut some more pieces which will increase the variety of fabrics. Most of what I have seems to be blue. Unfortunately, as I look at the other fabrics in my scrap bags and my stash they also are blue, green, red, brown. I have very few multicolors. There must be something somewhere.
Today I signed up for a course from Quilt University. I'm very excited about this. The class is Lines and Shapes, an introductory look at design, but with emphasis on different ways to look at lines and shapes to vary them, rather than the "principles of design" approach. I have begun lesson one, making many types of lines, only a few of which look very appealing to me. We'll see.

No comments: